Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Interview: Curt & Mia From Grading Curves (Tara Mills)



Curt Walden

1.      Tell us about your very first kiss.
“I don’t remember my first kiss, but I’ll never forget the first time I kissed Mia. I was walking her back to her Explorer after the art fair. We got into the back seat together. It’s funny—I’d wanted to kiss her all day, even made excuses to touch her, so I probably shouldn’t have been surprised at how intense the kiss was when it came. Like stomping on the gas in a Lamborghini. Zero to sixty in under three seconds.”

2.      What was the first thing you thought when you first laid eyes on her?
“The first thing I thought was—” He chuckles. “Is she checking me out? Then I just wanted to talk to her. She looked incredibly cute. Mia hates it when I use that word to describe her, but it fits.”

3.      If you could be any super hero for a day who would you be and why?
“Hmm. I’d have to say Spiderman. He’s smart, has a scientific mind, a good heart, and a social conscience. Yeah, I’ll go with Spiderman.”

4.       If you could take Mia anywhere in the world for a romantic date, where would you go and why?
“Since I’m only allowed one date night, I suppose I’d choose Venice. The ambiance, the cuisine, wine, and the history, not to mention the gondolas. I think we could have a very beautiful night in that city.”

5.      What character trait attracted you most to Mia?
“She’s bashful. I love her blush. The second I caught her sneaking a peek, it was like she’d crooked her finger at me. I had to follow.”

Five Random Facts about Curt Walden.

1.      He’s twenty-eight years old and has a younger sister.

2.      Curt is a big soccer fan, though he’s less team loyal than player loyal.

3.      He completed his senior year of high school in France as an exchange student. Afterwards, he chose to go backpacking across Europe before returning to the states.

4.      Curt is an accomplished photographer and takes artistic photos documenting his travels each summer. He’s framed many of these pictures and hung them in his apartment.

5.      The band he plays in doesn’t have a name. The guys could never agree on one. Luckily open mic night at the Stylus Pub is very casual so it was never an issue.


Heroine – Mia Page

1.      What is a morning ritual you can’t live without?
She laughs. “My morning coffee. I have three cups. Otherwise I couldn’t begin to cope with getting Casey up and going. It’s not easy to motivate a tired teenager.”

2.      What was the first thought that popped into your mind when you saw Curt for the first time?
“My friend Sally pointed him out to me. I glanced over and our eyes connected. It shook me because he has the most powerful bedroom eyes. There was a definite attraction, but I was so embarrassed at being caught staring all I wanted to do was flee. Fast.”

3.      Does Curt have a loveable habit you would be happy to live without?
“Yes! The teacher never sleeps. Sometimes he forgets himself and starts to lecture me about things. We don’t agree on everything. I kind of like that. I think we challenge each other.”

4.      What surprised you most about Curt?

“I had no idea he was a talented musician. And he has a beautiful voice. He’s since learned the power of that voice over me. Don’t ask for details.”

5.      Do you like your fellow in boxers, boxer briefs, briefs, or commando?
“I like him in or out of anything. He’s been wearing boxer briefs lately. I like those. Quite a lot.”

Five Random Facts about Mia Page.
1.      She works in an insurance company and refers to herself as an office drone.
2.      Mia is still very good friends with her ex-husband, Greg. It’s because of their friendship they’ve managed the co-parenting of their son, Casey so well. 
3.      Mia loves flowers and plants. She spends a lot of time working and enjoying her back yard, yet claims she doesn’t like gardening. Her friend Sally would say, “All evidence to the contrary.
4.      She buys earrings, all kinds, like other women buy shoes.
5.      She loves casual clothing with a retro look—skinny jeans and princess tops.


Blurb:

One-on-one instruction never felt so right—or so wrong.

There’s nothing unusual about Mia Page’s attraction to the young science teacher at the middle school. After all, she’s not the only one who finds him enticing. But when he pulls her son aside to ask for her phone number, she knows she’s in serious trouble. Since her divorce four years earlier, she’s been out of circulation, choosing to focus on parenting instead, and she’s not entirely sure she can handle an entanglement with the sexy Mr. Walden.

There are also other reasons why getting involved with Curt would be a bad idea. He’s two years shy of thirty, and she’s on the downside of that unmentionable number. He’s adamant about never having kids, and she has a son. Even the guy’s romantic gifts are suspect. Energy saving light bulbs? He has to be kidding.

On the other hand, he’s fun, sweet, and smart. He stimulates her intellectually, emotionally, and Lord help her, physically, opening her eyes to life outside her comfortable world. Yet their differences quietly gnaw at Mia even while she succumbs to their undeniable chemistry.

As their romance deepens, so do Mia’s fears that Curt will eventually hurt her. On edge, all it takes is an innocent comment to provoke her into drawing first blood. Mia recklessly wounds Curt, learning only too late that this blade cuts both ways. Frantic to make amends, she fears it might be too late to admit the feelings she’s tried so hard to suppress.

Visit Tara Mills Romance or find me on Facebook.

1 comment: