Thursday, May 1, 2014

Mom Loves Me More

Displaying Momsevent2014.jpg

Mom Loves Me More
Stephanie Beck


I think it's pretty normal to go through the sibling rivalry thing of 'Mom loves me more'. I grew up with two older brothers and a younger sister--and the best mom ever. My siblings and I would rib each other about  how mom loved one more than the other.

My silly siblings. If they'd known then what I've always known, they would have let go of that battle. You see--my mother loves ME the most. Just does. I'm very lovable. She's very awesome. It just works.

Now, in her awesomeness, she has plenty of love to give, so my siblings probably did feel the 'most' loved, when in fact, I was, and still am, the one she loves most. How do I know? She told me. So what if my sister said Mom told her the same thing? Obviously, Mom loves me most.


Picture of me, my beautiful mother, and my sister (who thinks she's the favorite, but she's not).



A mother's love is a truly amazing thing. In a world that is simply not fair and rarely kind, a mother's love--my mother's love--goes a long way in making things right. My mother inspires me to find the good, to find the practical, and to just keep moving until things are better. Those darkest days, well, there's no where to go but up. Those bright happy days, cherish them and hold them tight, and then find a way to share that happiness with someone else.

I'm very blessed with the women in my life, and my mother shines among them as the one I want to be like. She's not perfect--not by a long shot--but she loves me and my children like we are the only ones in the world. And, she does the same for my siblings' families. That, to me, is what a mother's job is--to make whoever is in front of her know they are the ones she loves most.

Let's keep the Mother's Day chat going--tell me what makes you know your mother loves you best in the comments (leave your email to be entered in the Beachwalk contest), and then stop by the Beachwalk Reader group, and my FB page for more 'Mom talk'.




Happy Mother's Day!

Stephanie Beck




7 comments:

  1. I love that picture! Your mom sounds like an incredible woman. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pamela! The picture is a few years old now, but it was the only one I could find of all three of us. My mom is really wonderful. She's been my dearest friend for a long time.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like she's doing it right, and she passed on an important legacy to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I have two kids - 1 boy and 1 girl. I always tell each of them they are my favorite girl/boy in the while world. :) If God blessed me with a 3rd, I'd be in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom rocks!! There is 6 of us and she pretty much raised us on her own! I'm the favorite cuz I'm the one taking care of her now!!
    froggy_momma(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not at all sure Mom loves me best ;) I know that in my teens, I gave her more than my fair share of gray hair and anxiety, which I deeply regret now, but there's no going back :D I'm just thankful that I live close enough to my parents to see them regularly, and am doubly thankful my kids are enjoying the blessing of getting to know her and my husband's mom as well!

    fedora at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this story, I'm the FAV too,.,so I know what u mean...sssshhhh don't tell my sisters though ....

    ReplyDelete