* 1 package of pig’s feet. They usually come 4 to a tray
* 1 & 1/2 tbsp of salt
* 2 beers (doesn’t really matter which kind. The mommy uses Labatt’s)
* 3 tbsp of tomato paste
* 1 whole head of garlic. Yes, the whole head chopped. Don’t worry about offending your date, he’ll/she’ll have garlic breath too so it’ll cancel you both out.
* thyme (the whole bunch that you get in the grocery store) The more the merrier.Technically, I’d say about 30 or so sprigs.
* 2 bouillon cubes (or you can substitute the water in the recipe with chicken stock and omit the cubes)
* add one or two chopped chillies if you like things spicy
In a medium size pot over high heat add just the pig’s feet and water (or stock) and salt. Make sure there is enough water to cover the pig’s feet completely. I’d say fill the pot about half way. Cook uncovered for 1 hr and 15 minutes, remove the residue that floats up on the surface of the water.
Drain most of the water, but make sure to leave at least a cup’s worth in the pot. Add beers and rest of ingredients. Cover and lower heat to medium, cook for half an hour more, stirring occasionally so that feet are covered in the sauce and until the meat is tender and sauce is thickened.
Serve with any kind of thick bread. Side dishes are okay but bread is ideal.
And yes, you will get dirty.
* * * * * * * * * *
About E. Jamie
E. Jamie writes romance that leaves the bedroom door wide open. Whether you're looking for hot, powerful alphas who like to mix danger with their pleasure or sexy cowboys who know how to treat their women, you can be sure to find something from E. Jamie that will fulfill all your appetites.
You can find E. Jamie at the following places: