Sunday, November 24, 2013

Holiday Recipes: Emily Wood's Pumpkin and Sultana Muffins

Ingredients:
2 cups self-raising flour
3/4 cup dark muscovado sugar
60g (1/4 cup) butter (melted)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp mixed spice
3/4 cup sultanas
1 cup mashed pumpkin
3/4 cup milk
1 large egg

1. Preheat the oven to 210°C (410°F). Grease a 12-hole muffin tin.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, and mixed spice into a large bowl, add the sugar and sultanas and mix well.
3. Beat the egg and add to the dry ingredients with the milk, butter and pumpkin. Stir until ingredients are combined, but don’t over-mix.
4. Spoon mixture into the prepared tin. Bake for about twenty minutes, or until golden brown and springy to touch. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.

This recipe is also great with prunes or dates instead of sultanas, but since many children won’t eat them, this is the go-to recipe in my house!

* * * * * * * * * *

About Emily Wood

I have always believed that the best stories are the ones that you can't put down, the ones that transport you to a different place and make you believe in the characters. This is exactly why I write… I have always loved the escapism that reading and writing provides, and there is nothing more exciting than imagining your own set of characters, and then letting them practically write the story for you. Writing has always been a dream of mine, and I'm lucky to have the kind of people around me that have always nurtured and encouraged my passion.

I live a cozy little life in Wales, and when I'm not writing I'm taking care of my young family, studying for a degree in Classical Studies, and training to become a nail technician. I love traveling to new places, meeting new people, and experiencing new things…it's all great inspiration for my books!

I also love to hear from my readers or other writers, so contact me at: emilywood.author@gmail.com
or check out my blog at: http://emilywoodauthor.blogspot.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment