Saturday, November 23, 2013

Holiday Recipes: Tara Mills's Lemon Coconut Cookies

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Butter
1/2 tsp. lemon extract or fresh lemon juice
1 cup sugar
1 & 1/2 cups of flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
freshly grated lemon zest (optional)
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1 egg
1 cup shredded coconut

Beat butter on medium for 30 seconds. Add the sugar, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Beat to combine. Add egg and vanilla. This is also when you should add the freshly grated lemon zest, if you choose. Gradually add the flour until you can no longer use the blender.  Switch to a large spoon (wooden?) to stir in the remaining flour. Cover and chill for one hour.

Lightly toast the shredded coconut in a non-stick frying pan. After an hour, shape the dough into balls and roll through the cooled coconut flakes. Press gently onto a cookie sheet.

Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.

* * * * * * * * * *

About Tara Mills

I write stories I like to read—contemporary romances with identifiable characters and themes. Life is hard, love makes it bearable. If you like stories with heat and humor, I have a title for you.

I'm a pampered wife, lucky mom to three amazing sons and one wonderful daughter-in-law, and I just became a very young grandma. I should probably underline the word very. Oh heck, why not the word young too? Nah, you get the point. I’m also the daily monitor of one naughty dog with an attitude.

Find me at: www.taramillsromance.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/taramillsromance
Twitter: www.twitter.com/taramills16

No comments:

Post a Comment