Thursday, May 10, 2012

Building a Street Team

I've seen authors talking about a Street Team. And a few months ago, I attempted to jump on the band wagon and build a team to help me promote, but honestly, didn't have much success. But, I only had two releases under my belt at that time. With a few recent releases, I decided to try again and the amount of people wanted to be a part of my team has been tremendous. And I thank each and every one of them for their help.

So what is a Street Team?

Basically, they help me promote! If they see me tweet something book related, they retweet it. If I share a new release on Facebook, then they share it too. If I have swag, I send them some for free. Which I am working on some pens for my team. :) And also, I send them a copy of my latest if its a book they are interested in. They are welcome to say no. And once they read it, in return, I ask for a honest review. And my team has been wonderful. I'm really glad I decided to get a team together.

So, as many of you know, I am always trying to find ways to market and what is best. So far, I think this was a good step.

Happy Thursday all! I will see you again this Monday before I start to move! I can't believe that time is already here!

Lacey

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea. I'm glad it's working for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea Lacey. Hardly ever on twitter, but I'll share your posts on FB :o)

    Oh, meant to ask. Can't add to the “About Us” tab. Do I need to contact the blog admin to do it?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got your back as part of the Beachwalk Street Team, dollface :) Although I confess, I'm rarely on twitter...But I'm a facebook whore so no worries there...

    ReplyDelete