Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Tuesday Smiles - Funnies from Teachers


With school out for most of us, I thought these stories were pretty funny. If you enjoy them, follow the link to read the whole article.

Why Waste Paper?
I recently asked a student where his homework was. He replied, “It’s still in my pencil.”
Larry Timmons, Surprise, Arizona

GRAND-PRIZE WINNER
After a coworker had finished his English lecture and his class had filed out, a tenth grader stayed 
behind to confront him.
“I don’t appreciate being singled out,” he told his teacher.
The teacher was confused. “What do you mean?”
“I don’t know what the ‘oxy’ part means, but I know what a ‘moron’ 
is, and you looked straight at me when you said it.”
Jannie Smith, Ashville, Alabama

Driven Crazy
During the driver’s-ed class that my friend taught, a student approached a right turn.
ADVERTISING
“Use your turn signal,” my friend reminded her.
“No one’s coming,” said the 
student.
“It doesn’t matter. It might help those behind you.”
Chastened, the student turned around to the students in the backseat and said, “I’m turning right up ahead.”
Joseph Wagner, Prineville, Oregon

Let’s Ask the Professor
During snack time, a kindergartner asked why some raisins were yellow while others were black. I didn’t know the answer, so I asked my friend, a first-grade teacher, if she knew. “Yellow raisins are made 
from green grapes, and black raisins 
are made from red grapes,” she 
explained.
One little boy suggested, “Maybe that’s why she teaches first grade, 
because she’s just a little bit smarter than you.”
Erica Coles, Watertown, Tennessee


Read the rest at:

No comments:

Post a Comment