Friday, April 18, 2014

Happy Easter everybody!


 
I love Easter. That may have quite a lot to do with it being perfectly acceptable to eat your own body weight in chocolate every meal time, but also I just love the feeling of spring and new beginnings. Easter has always been quite a big deal for my family, because it’s the only time apart from Christmas that we will all get together every year.

I’m hosting the family meal this year. My fridge is packed full of…well only simple things that I’m sure I can cook, since I’m not really going to be competing with Delia anytime soon. I feel like I’ve been spring cleaning for weeks, probably because with two small children, I have to clean the same area over and over and over again. It’s alright though, I enlisted the little loves, and we have Bunny themed paper chains streaming from anywhere I can hang them, we have a basket with felt-tip coloured polystyrene eggs in the window…

Wait? Did I just say eggs?

Ah yes, of course, me being me, there would be something essential I left until the last minute to get. Cue hours of trawling around every shop in town gathering the best of the left over Easter eggs in the hopes that nobody will notice their battered state and wonder why I chose the rejects. Still, family gatherings of a very big family were always going to be chaotic and guess what, I wouldn’t have it any other way!

I hope you all enjoy your Easter weekend, and that you get to spend it with your loved ones!

Emily x x

No comments:

Post a Comment