Friday, January 24, 2014

Love is in the air!


These last couple of weeks have been tough. Juggling a degree, writing and children is hard at the best of times, but it’s seemed almost impossible this week while my partner has been working away. Luckily I’ve managed most things, although it always seems to be my writing that has to be set aside while I deal with everything else. My partner’s absence has really made me think about what really matters in relationships, and I think supporting your partners dreams is really up there for me. It’s easy to tell somebody you’ll be there or that whisper words of encouragement, but I’m lucky to have somebody who always goes that extra mile for me, really helping me when I need it, and not being afraid to argue and make me see sense every time I’m ready to give things up. Some people probably see it as the other way around, that I stayed at home to raise our children while he focused on his career but honestly, I know how lucky I am.
 

Now you’re probably thinking, what’s with the soppy blog post? Well apart from the fact I miss him, here in Wales, we have another Patron Saint of Love besided Saint Valentines and that is Saint Dwynwen. And St Dwynwen’s day falls tomorrow! I’ll be honest, it’s not something I usually celebrate but I thought it would be nice to welcome my fiancé home with a little surprise this weekend instead of waiting for Valentines. For anybody who gets fed up with the hype surrounding the 14th of Feb, why not join us Welshies and have your own little celebration tomorrow?

Have a great weekend everybody!

Emily xx

No comments:

Post a Comment