Monday, November 12, 2012

NaNoWriMo...a time sucker

Are you doing NaNoWriMo? What is it? Basically, someone decided that November should be national novel writing month. Who ever did, forgot about the upcoming Holiday's apparently. :o/

I've never done NaNo before, so I decided to give it a try. I didn't start a brand new piece like you're suppose to. I just wanted to write the goal, 50,000 words in a month. My count is currently 21,032 and I haven't even gotten started today.

NaNo has been good for me. I'm writing more and pushing myself. Some days I write the bare minimum for NaNo standards and some days I double it. Its nice when I have  a day I wrote a lot. I'm normally a scene/chapter writer. When I finish a chapter, I am done for the day. I have written two chapters on a good day since NaNo. I think this has been good for me as a full-time writer because I am showing myself what I am capable of. And it helps because I have a goal of writing more full-length works.

But, because of NaNo, I haven't had time for much else. Promotion...not really happening right now. Talking on the phone...nope. Its just me and my laptop, a heating pad for my back ache, and my lovely characters.

Anyone else doing NaNo?

Lacey Wolfe

No comments:

Post a Comment