Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ella's in the Cave...


Well, my cave is a little nicer than this one. It doesn't have any wild animals in there either, unless you count my boys, but that's whole other post.

I've been hauled up in the writing cave for the past three weeks, and I've clocked in over 45k. Not bad considering the kids were home for spring break during that time. What's got me so involved? Let me show you...


Um, yeah... I like to call him Brody, the hero in my new WIP Something More. I've often said I use images to help me work out a sexy scene or write from the male POV, but I usually don't need to put a picture to my characters. I happened to see this one on FB on author Sharita Lira's page and it was one of those "OMG" moments. That's Brody!

I love all of my men in my books. How could I not? I make them think, speak and love;) They ask for directions, don't leave the toilet seat up, and they all have some mad bedroom skillz. See...what's not to love?
But I digress... This time I've created a man who has totally stolen my heart. Brody Callahan is loving, sensitive and loyal to Claudia, the girl who has captivated him. Brody is President of Callahan Industries. His father left the company in Brody's hands when he died five years before. Brody was just twenty-seven years old and was faced with much criticism from the board. He also has to battle his stepmother at every turn because she is upset her son, Brody's half-brother, Gavin wasn't made a full partner upon her husband's death. Brody has every intention of making his irresponsible sibling a partner once he can prove he's capable.
Now at thirty-two, Brody realizes he's done nothing but work the past ten years. He didn't think he'd been missing out on anything until he finds Claudia, the family housekeeper, asleep in a guest bedroom. He is instantly drawn to his very own Sleeping Beauty. There is something about this lonely, scared girl that calls to him. He knows she's hiding something, but what?
The more he gets to know her, the deeper he falls for her. He's determined to wait her out. If he can get her to trust him enough, eventually she'll open up.
Will Claudia's secret destroy any chances of a future together? Can they have something more?
Brody is in for one hell of a shock!

Something More is set to be around 65k. When I initially started writing, the story was going to be more sensual than erotic, but that all changed when I wrote the first love scene. Hey, I'm simply the messenger. I do what the voices inside my head tell me to do. And after reading back my steamy scenes, well, I'm glad I had my listening ears on;) Maybe a few of you will be too.

Ella
xoxo


8 comments:

  1. I'm Ella's pre-reader and when I say Brody is HOT and SEXY as HELL, I'm not joking. I have the privilege of reading Something More as she writes it, and I'm in love with Brody!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. You had me at Brody! You're lucky to have such an awesome cheerleader behind you. Sounds pretty hot, sometimes when I re-read my own love scenes, I'm all, I wrote that? By the way, totally approve of sexy Brody Pic, I already had to wipe the drool off my keyboard, so thanks for that. I like to look at pics too when I'm writing. But sometimes I just find myself fantasizing about past encounters I've had. I guess I'm lucky that most of my hottest flings have been abroad. That way, I can't afford to drunk dial ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Brody is pretty sexy;) I think its his desire to protect Claudia that does it for me. He's very sweet.

      I'm the same way when it comes to my steamy scenes. I read them back and think, "where did I come up with that?" lol

      Delete
  3. Phew! Is it hot in here? Wow Ella - you are on fire... I'm so impressed at how much you write - must get some lessons x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I call it an obsession... I write because I can't stop. lol Sometimes thats good and sometimes not so much!

      Delete
  4. Ella, you are one productive lady. I'm jealous. :) I love the sound of this story and cannot wait to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pepper. I'm having fun with it and hope to get it done soon:)

      Delete