Friday, December 2, 2011

Let's Kick off the Holiday Party Season!

Hot Buttered Rum Batter

by PEPPER on NOVEMBER 18, 2011

The Holiday party season starts any day now. I just gotta share my favorite winter time drink recipe. A good friend gave me this recipe about thirty years ago. I’ve passed it on to family members and friends over the years, but I still keep the original piece of paper folded up in my recipe box. Every year when I make a batch, I pull out that paper and remember my friend. The Holidays are all about making memories. You’re bound to make a few fun ones with this recipe. Hint: skip the rum and add the cold batter mix to hot milk or hot cider for kids — it will make them feel like part of the party. And it's delicious in your morning cup of coffee too.

HOT BUTTERED RUM MIX

1 lb. powdered sugar
1 lb. brown sugar
1 lb. butter, softened
1 quart vanilla ice cream
2 tsp. nutmeg
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. allspice

In a large mixer bowl, using a heavy duty mixer, cream together the butter and sugars. Add the ice cream and mix again until smooth. Mix in the spices. (You may want to adjust the spices if you like more or less.) Put into a covered container and store in the freezer. Mixture remains soft enough to scoop easily as needed. Add two heaping spoons to a mug of very hot water and a shot of rum. Will keep all winter. Yum!

Posted courtesy of Romance Mavens (http://www.RomanceMavens.com)

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I can't wait to try this. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll want to keep it on hand in your freezer. Trust me. :)

    ReplyDelete