Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Distractions

Hi again all,

How has a week passed so quickly? Big news, Stephanie Beck and Kaylie Newell - two fab new books out now from Beachwalk. If you want to hear more from Kaylie today - join us at my place where she tells us about writing her debut...

So, back to the title - distractions, hang on, there's my phone ringing...

When I am not sure of my plot, or suffering from a little bout of writer's block, distractions plague me; every little thing will grab my attention, from a fly at the window to my stomach thinking it needs lunch at 9.30 in the morning, I am hooked by them all! As for the web, I can spend literally hours reading tweets, blogs, articles, 'how to be more productive' is a particular favourite ;)

But then, when I am in the thick of a good writing session where everything is working out and my typing can just about keep up with my thoughts, nothing gets through. Phonecalls, kittens climbing up the new curtains, even food (imagine that), nothing can distract me.

So my question for you is, what should you be doing right now?

Lots of love

T x  x x

2 comments:

  1. Currently I just crawled out of bed and I should be getting my coffee BUT instead I'm reading both your posts. lol.

    I think when you hit the part of a story where you really have to think how it should go, distraction sets in. At least for me.

    Now...got write Tabitha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should be working on promo stuff, but instead I'm reading you blog post. So today *you* distracted me ;)

    ReplyDelete