1. I have to write the main idea and story. Then I have to go back through (draft 2) and read it, adding details, emotion, making sure all the dots connect, etc.
2. The beta readers next. They read the story and give me their thoughts and point out things that don't make sense. Let's face it! Things that might make sense to me, don't to others.
3. Work on the 3rd draft. Go over things beta said and I don't usually read it thoroughly a 3rd time, but I skim over it.
4. Turn it into editor then work on several rounds together on polishing the story. During edits, you usually pan out the official blurb as well as an excerpt. You also get your cover during this time.
5. After several rounds of edits, it then goes to a line editor/proofreader and you work on more details this person caught.
6. It's not over yet! Once you and your editors are happy, it's time for your last read through. You read it word for word, making sure nothing is missing. All words are spelled right, etc. But thankfully, this is usually the last step.
7. Because then you get your final copy and review copies start to go out before publication.
8. And of course, the last step is publication!
Lots of blood, sweat, and tears go into each book by multiply people to make sure the best product is going out!
Now....how about the official blurb to my November release Counting Cowboys?
Can a hot cowboy convince Lauren to stay in Texas and take another chance on love?
Tucker Carver likes to have fun and has no intention of settling down anytime soon. He handles the business side of Carver Ranch for his family, and on the day he’s scheduled to meet with their accountant, he instead meets a beautiful woman who changes everything.
Lauren Ford packed up and moved to Texas to start over after her fiancé had an affair with her best friend. Her father’s retiring and has offered to let her take over his accounting firm. When she meets Tucker she’s immediately taken with him, despite his reputation as a ladies’ man. Knowing she isn’t looking for love, or even if she wants to stay in Texas, she decides to have fun with Tucker and keep her feelings at bay.
After one taste of Lauren, Tucker has other plans. Lauren is the woman he wants, but for some reason she’s resisting. And it doesn’t help when her ex-fiancé shows up in town wanting her to go back to Georgia with him. Can Tucker convince her that his feelings are true, or will he lose her forever?
Content Warning: contains adult language and explicit sexual scenes