Saturday, August 23, 2014

Milestones and Marriage



It's my wedding anniversary on Monday. I can't believe how fast the years flew by. It's like they were compressed. I didn't expect I could still get excited at the prospect of going out on a date with my husband after all these years, and yet...I'm as giddy as I ever was. I still beam when I see him at the end of a long day. The desire to cuddle, snuggle, and kiss him is as strong as ever. We still hold hands and play footsie. It's nice to be with someone who truly 'gets' me.

So we booked a night out at a very nice hotel. Made dinner plans and more. Our son said he could let us 'kids' have the car for the night. That was big of him. Here's mom rolling her eyes at the kid for a change. How often does that happen?

This is a milestone anniversary. Thirty years. A number like that makes you drop back in your chair and reflect on how much you've changed, as individuals, and as a couple. Amazingly enough, with all we've been through together; moves, job changes, parenting, the inevitable ups and downs of life. We've matured, but we're still the same thoughtful, compassionate idealists we always were. Admittedly, we can be silly at times, but our devotion and pride in our family runs as deep as our need to simply be together.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Honey, there's no one's company I enjoy more. Here's to many more years to come. I love you.

Let the fun continue!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment