Monday, June 23, 2014

Serial Romances, do you read them?

One of the latest crazes seems to be the serial romance. A story is told over a course of several books. In some ways, this is like a series that just features the same characters. The only difference that I've found is the stories just end abruptly and definitely at a time when you don't want it to. A cliff hanger.

Being an author, I try to stay on top of what's popular and they decide if it's something I want to try or not. I must admit, I like the serial romance series, even though I want to scream each time a book ends. When my kids were smaller, I used to watch soap operas, and the ways these series are written, it reminds me of them. Lots of drama and things that happen that make you want to yell and ask them, "What the hell is your problem? Why are you doing that?"

A lot of the serial series seem to be spread out between 3-5 books, but currently I am reading one that is 15 book and counting. I've been binge reading them, completely wrapped up in the stories. *Sigh* It's been a long time since I've been obsessed with a series.

The writer part of me wants to write one, I admit it, but then another part of me doesn't think I can pull it off. I mean, you've got to have a pretty elaborate plot and interesting characters to do this. Not saying I don't have interesting characters, because I'd like to think I do.

Have you given in to this new craze and started to read any of these popular serial series?

-Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment