Monday, May 12, 2014

Go away distractions!

One thing I struggle with is staying focused. Actually opening the word document and writing. Facebook distracts me, my cats bother me, I feel the need to clean something, etc. Last week was a bad writing week. I really let the distractions get to me. Okay, the last two weeks have been kinda bad. I have 9 days....9 DAYS until the kids are out of school and home for the summer. I've got to get these words churning out. I know the story, and how I want to tell it. I just need to sit down and do it.

I see other writers take a Facebook break, and I often think, how do they do this and still get in marketing? Today I realize they might be on to something. I've GOT to start scheduling my time on Facebook and not leaving the tab open to taunt me. I've been published almost 3 years and you'd think I'd have this writing routine down yet. Ha...no!

Hell, my routine was probably better in the beginning because of that excitement to get another book out. Sure, I still feel that way, don't get me wrong. But if you're newly publishing, then you know that high I am talking about. The excitement to being out in the world for others to read!

So if you see me on Facebook, grab this broom and chase me with it, threatening to beat me with it until I sit my ass back down and write the damn book!

Happy Monday! And thank you to everyone who stopped by and joined us for our Mother Day's celebration!!! I had a nice Mother's Day, even though my hubby was sick in bed and I still had to be Mom. :) 

-Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment