Friday, February 28, 2014

Would Like To Meet...

Well hello again Friday and goodbye February! Aren't these days speeding by scarily fast?

Time for a writing update. So far I've caught up with most of my lost words and I'm making progress with something a little different. I've now learnt that my gauge for progress is thinking of my mother reading it, and if the thought makes me blush then it's all going okay!

An update for Beachwalk Press is that some of our lovely authors, and our publisher too, will be attending The Tasty Author's Weekend 2014 at Wilmington, NC February 28th - March 2nd. If you are in the area they'd love to see you there.

This got me thinking about how people would react if they did get to meet their idol. I would love to meet my favourite authors, not only to squee, attempt to hug in a crazed stalkerish way, but to say thank you. After all those authors gave me the smiles, the tears and the inspiration. But would it be a good idea?

I admit the thought of Brad Pitt knocking on my door, or Daryl Dixon (Norman Reedus) asking if I want to handle his crossbow, is pretty exciting. But I also know I would turn into a beetroot faced, blathering idiot. Either that, or I would launch myself onto them and refuse to let go. Yes I would ask Ian Somerhalder to bite me! So, is it actually a good idea to meet the person you most admire, or drool over? Would I meet my favourite author and be able to gush praise appropriately, or would I lose the ability to speak, or even worse demand spoilers to the next book in their series of awesomeness?

Have you ever met your idol? Who would you like to meet?

Good luck to Beachwalk Press this weekend. I'm sure they'll have lots of fun and I so wish I could join them. For those of us staying behind, here's where you can find out a little about our authors.
Beachwalk Press Authors

Have a great weekend everyone!
~ Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment