Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year - Clean Slate!

A very Happy New Year to you all!

Now I have to confess, I'm not a huge fan of the beginning of a new year. I usually feel kind of lost after the Christmas frenzy has passed and my to-do list for the previous year is all complete. There's always that 'what now?' feeling once the decorations are taken down and the house looks bare without them. Forward thinker me then gets the desperate urge to make more lists. I need some kind of direction and focus for the future. So starts the list of plans for birthdays, holidays, and yes, even though it's January why not make that list of gifts you wish you'd bought for Christmas?

2014 is starting completely different for me this year. For a start I'm not looking at my living room and wishing we could decorate, because I woke up on January 1st armed with a paint brush for a much needed room make-over. As I write in my living room I'm very excited about this. My room is a clean slate in the same way as my plans for 2014. I also never usually make new year resolutions except the one where I intend to wear make-up more often. I have had this same one for over fifteen years and I have never achieved it. Also in 2013 I was still only dreaming of becoming a published author and 2014 begins with the tour of my second book Best Fake Day.
 


Best Fake Day
 So here are my goals for 2014:
1. To see this clean slate as a challenge.
2. To wear make-up more often and be aware that because I avoid mirrors in the morning it does not make me invisible to others during the school run. Rogers you do not look seventeen anymore!
3. To remember hats for bad hair days are lazy.
4. To spend less time googling bare chested men unless it's for research purposes.
5. To do more research ;-)
6. To always back-up files because that thing that will never happen does!
7. To get myself on the Beachwalk Press coming soon page.

You could say that this year is a work in progress. The thing about clean slates and blank pages is that they are just begging to be filled. So what do you have planned for 2014?

Best Wishes for 2014 and Happy Friday!
~ Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment