Monday, March 25, 2013

Writing Multiple Romance Genres

When I first started my journey on getting published, I began with erotic romance. Hot romance. I've gone back and read some of my earlier things and blushed!

In my life, my mother is probably the proudest of me. She's the one person I can call and just talk for hours about my writing and she listens. She isn't telling me I should be pushing for the big houses, or telling me I'm not a real author because I'm not big-time and mainly eBook. But of course, she's my mother and she's suppose to support me to that extent, right?

But then I realized that my mom couldn't read me. She made it clear she didn't want to read erotic romance written by me because she didn't what to know where my mind would lead me. I understand that. It was then I started the transition into more contemporary than erotic. More sensual romances. So far, those that have released have been a big hit.

This summer, I have one releasing from Beachwalk Press. I've been in edits with my wonderful editor polishing it up and I think I am bursting to share this story with you. It's titled Wanted: Wife. It features Darcy and Steven.





















Steven needs a wife and decides to do the quirky thing of putting an ad in the newspaper to get one. And Darcy answers it. I could've made them complete strangers, but wouldn't it be so much more fun if they knew one another in high school AND secretly had a crush on each other.

Be sure to look for this story this summer to see how Darcy and Steven try to contain their feelings as they live under the same roof and plan the wedding that isn't suppose to happen!

To keep up-to-date, visit my website: www.laceywolfe.com

Official Blurb:

Help Wanted: A Wife.

Darcy White can’t believe she’s answering a help wanted ad from someone looking to hire a wife, but she’s hit rock bottom and is on the verge of being evicted from her apartment.  When she learns that the guy she had a crush on in high school is the one looking to hire, she’d be crazy not to live out her fantasy.

Steven McDonald needs a wife, or at least a fiancée, before his grandfather retires or else he won’t inherit the family business. He knows not just any woman will do, and in a desperate attempt to find a solution, he places a help wanted ad in the local paper. The day Darcy White answers it, his dreams begin to come true.

As Darcy and Steven pretend they’re engaged, they make a promise to keep things platonic. But the more time they spend together, the harder it is to keep their hands off one another. With his grandfather’s retirement approaching, and the possible end to their fake engagement, can Steven and Darcy admit their feelings to not only themselves but each other?

Content Warning: contains adult language and sensual love scenes


Genre(s): Contemporary Romance

No comments:

Post a Comment