Thursday, February 28, 2013

My Favorite Mafia Movie Moments

 
Did you know that during the month of March I'm celebrating the one year anniversary for Crossfire of Love, my mafia inspired novel? I'm going on a virtual tour and giving away prizes. This blog will be one of the stops later this month. Starting tomorrow, the book will be available for $1.99. That's right! 60% off wherever you purchase your eBooks.
 
 Crossfire of Love is a romance to the core. The hero, Lorenzo, leads an honest and legit life. It's his crime lord father you have to watch out for.  I took my love of mob movies and blended some of the themes to create this novel.
 
In celebration of the anniversary, I thought I'd kick it off with some of my favorite mafia moments from the big screen.
 
The Godfather
 
Lorenzo was inspired from the earlier Michael Corleone. A man who wanted his own life. He loved his father but couldn't be part of the violence.
 
 
 
"So the next day, my father went to see him; only this time with Luca Brasi. An' within an hour, he signed a release, for a certified check for $1000. [Kay: "How'd he do that?"] My father made him an offer he couldn't refuse. [Kay: "What was that?"] Luca Brasi held a gun to his head and my father assured him that either his brains, or his signature, would be on the contract. That's a true story. That's my family, Kay, it's not me."

The Godfather II



Poor, misguided Kay. But you have to love Al Pacino in this...

Kay: "It made me think of what you once told me: "In five years the Corleone family will be completely legitimate." That was seven years ago."

Michael: "I know. I'm trying, darling."

***
My all time favorite mafia movie...
 
 
 
"Jimmy was the kind of guy that rooted for bad guys in the movies." Henry Hill
 
This film came out when I was a senior in hight school. I went to see it three times. It may have had something to do with my obsession with Robert DeNiro but it really was a great movie.
 
"As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster." Henry Hill
 
There were so many classic lines in this movie. Far too many for me to mention. It's one of those movies that I can watch over and over again. I have so many memorable moments for this one.
 
 
Be sure to follow me on FB for all the details on the Anniversary tour of Crossfire of Love.
 
 
Can an arranged marriage lead to love?
Recent college graduate Gabriella has finally married the man of her dreams, the older, charismatic attorney Lorenzo Martinez. She's had a crush on him for as long as she can remember and always imagined they'd one day find their happily ever after. Unfortunately, they enter into a union arranged by their fathers.
Lorenzo is charming, protective, and loyal to his crime lord father Carlo. When Carlo asks Lorenzo to marry Gabriella he jumps at the opportunity. He's been drawn to her for many years and knows by marrying her he's helping to protect her father.
Gabby is resentful and won't be Lorenzo's charity case. But sparks fly and the couple soon gives into their desire, realizing they were meant to be together.
What happens when Carlo's enemies threaten their future? Will someone get caught in the crossfire?
Content Warning: graphic sex, some violence
 
 
Ella
xoxo



 

No comments:

Post a Comment