Monday, October 29, 2012

Amber's Muse and This Past Year

Amber's Muse, the first book that was published in my name. This is the story that changed my life. Before I wrote Amber's Muse, I had written an 80,000 word novel. I loved this novel and I still do. But, its still on a file on my computer. Why, because of its length and the amount of work it needs.

In this past year, I have learned a heck of a lot. And that 80,000 word novel scares me now. But, my plans are to one day fix it up and hope to give it a home. Its a romantic suspense, and my first attempt at ever writing a sex scene. Perhaps for kicks, I should take a peek at it. :)

When I wrote Amber's Muse, my 15,000 word novella, it was more to see if I could write erotic romance. The genre was big and even bigger now. I thought and thought about a plot I thought might be sexy. More then any other heroine before, I releate to Amber. She, like me at the time, was trying to get published and Jax was her sexy guinea pig.

Even though I have published several books since this one, I still look at this cover and smile. This cover means more to me then just a story. This is the story that brought me to Beachwalk Press. Beachwalk Press is a publisher that goes above and beyond. My fellow authors are my best friends. I'm so glad that over a year ago, Beachwalk took a chance on me.

* * * *
Sometimes it’s the person you least expect who can satisfy all your desires

By day Amber’s a librarian, and by night she hides away writing erotic romance novels. She has just one problem—not enough sexual experience to pull from. A recent steamy dream leaves Amber wondering if her neighbor Jax might be just the guy who can help her. He seems almost perfect to use as a sexual guinea pig, especially since she doesn’t have to worry about falling in love with him.

Jax has lived next door to Amber for a year and has tried everything he can think of to get her to notice him, but it hasn’t worked. Until recently. When Amber approaches him asking for his help, he’s ready to jump on board. When he learns exactly what kind of help she needs, he’s definitely willing.

Becoming involved with someone like Jax simply isn’t an option for Amber. He barely works, can’t manage his money, and has no ambition in life. So why does he suddenly seem so right for her?

Amazon / NookBeachwalkPress / ALLRomance/ Bookstrand

No comments:

Post a Comment