Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Jaye's Update

Consoling myself with contract offers and ex-boyfriends


(I hope none of my ex-boyfriends are reading this)


Okay, so, some interesting things have happened lately. First of all, and major bummer, my flight attendant training has been pushed back…to August or September. I’m not sad to stay in the Bay Area longer, but I’m worried the training will be cancelled and I’ll lose this incredible job offer.


A while back, I got a full request from an editor at Samhain. I fell in love with this editor, probably because when we met, we were both wearing nude pumps and she raved about my dress. Clearly, I thought it was fate.

After I received a contract offer from another pubber, I notified Samhain…who read it…and REJECTED it. Very lovely rejection though. She said she wants to read more from me and that with ideas like mine, I’m going to be really great. That being said, the submission (the heroine) read a bit immature in her dialogue. Interestingly enough, I thought about that while I was writing it. My heroine is hilarious, but she does read slightly young, and in contrast, it is a dark storyline. This was the first time I’ve queried Samhain, so it was nice to receive such an enlightening response. It was such a pleasure meeting her in person.  

How am I getting over this hurdle? Well, accepting a contract offer for one of my very first books ever written. My baby. How exciting! I haven’t signed the contract yet, so don’t know if I can mention who the publisher is, so for now, I’ll keep it under wraps.

So how else am I passing the time? I’ve got a sexy English studmuffin/soulmate for an ex-boyfriend that I just can’t get over…and an even more recent ex-love that I can’t quite get over as well. Between a scintillating skype date with one, and an in-person coffee date with the other, I can’t help but feel blessed that I’ve met and loved such incredible men.

And how, you ask, did they both pop back into my life? I swear it wasn’t by my initiation.

Sexified English crumpet (now living in the republic of Georgia) contacted me not long after I got my second contract offer. As a fellow creative soul, he recognized how monumental it was for me. Between his melt-worthy accent and his newly acquired Russian skills…yum.

My gorgeous Persian prince, well, before we broke up, I broke a French coffee press that my Mom had bought for me. He called a week ago and said he bought me a new French coffee press…I kinda thought this guy was going to be the one, but apparently not the one right now.


But thank god for yummy company and contract offers, yes?

About Me: Born and raised in the grunge capitol, I took my love of music and poetry from the Pacific Northwest to California. Now I live in Alameda, a quaint island town in the Bay Area. With a degree in Anthropology with an emphasis in Archaeology, I'm just itching to climb some more pyramids. When I'm not writing, I'm either working at VW or taking long walks along the Alameda beach and gazing at the the outline of San Francisco in the distance. Oh yes, and let's all go to Paris...I'll be there this winter!

4 comments:

  1. Oh boy...Sounds like you haven't needed the Desarono lately!! hee hee

    Great post...Makes us all feel as if we have someone sharing the same boat!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Jaye, I don't know whether to pat you on the back or hug you. How about both? Then a high five? Two yummy men drooling over you and a contract offer? Surely that would take the sting out of Samhain's 'maybe not this one, but send me the next'.

      You're on a roll chick and going to be huge! ;)

      Delete