Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Britain's Gone Mental

I don't think I'd feel right not mentioning the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. Especially since its today.


It's not just England celebrating along with her either. Street parties have been going on all weekend in Clackmannanshire. Schools are off and workers in the public sector have another holiday. Not me. :(


To celebrate the Queen's 60th year on the throne, on Sunday thousands took part in a Jubilee lunch (one street around the corner from me even hired a bouncy castle, paddling pool and at night had a fireworks display) and the Thames hosted a river pageant. Monday brought a concert at Buckingham Palace (all the good stuff happens in London) and tonight thousands of Jubilee beacons will be lit.

The weekend would have been the perfect time to visit London, with all the celebrating. Still, I'm sure the good stuff will be caught on telly and I'll get a chance to watch. From what I've seen so far, I'm glad the outfits people are wearing to the events have improved since the Royal Wedding. Not a huge, insect shaped hat in sight. :o)

In keeping with the theme in the UK, I've treated myself to Princess from the Shadows, by Maisey Yates. If anyone knows any good romances focused around royalty, lemme know. I'm having a royal binge.


Happy Jubilee everyone!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment