Monday, March 12, 2012

The whirlwind of selling a home.

Life has been a little hectic lately. No author stuff has been going on at all. Just pure chaos.

My husband has a long commute to work. And for the past 5 years, he has not come home everyday. We are lucky that my parents live near his work. It was hard at first, but its something we have gotten used too. But still,  that is 5 years that we have not gotten to share our bed together on a nightly basis.

We finally made the decision with the kids getting older that they certainly need him more. Not that they didn't before, but I think you know what I mean. So we made the decision to sell the house.

It took several weeks to prepare the house. Cleaning out closets, scrubbing base boards, getting all that hair spray off the floor that just keeps building up no matter what (Thanks purple power for working!). Then we met with the realtor and decided on a price that wasn't pretty, but with this economy, do you really have a choice when you need to move?

So, the house went up for sale. Next door we have a forclosure and they stay busy and that is one thing I dreaded -- all the showings. Tuesday and Wednesday we had several evening showings. Which put a damper on dinner, but we dealt with it. What's better then sitting in a parking lot with your family and dog, and watching netflix on your phone? The day after the second day of closings I was just flat worn out. From all the cleaning and stress. There were no scheduled showings that day, and I hoped it would stay that way. The phone rang at 4:30 and it was the realtor. I let out a sigh, time to pack up. But instead, she called to say there was an offer! Already! And then before I knew it, the house was under contract. And we have to start searching for a home. Hopefully this weekend.

It was an absolute crazy week and I hope this week is a little more boring. So far 2012 is looking like an awesome year. On top if several releases lined up, we will get to go back to having my husband home every night. However, there is one downfall to that. I have to cook every night. No more easy nights of soup and sandwiches for the kids and I.

See ya next Monday,
Lacey

2 comments:

  1. Phew! What a whirlwind indeed - good luck with it all Lacey - sounds like you're doing a fabulous job x x x

    ReplyDelete