Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Okay, what was I thinking?

I'm not sure.
Last month I signed up for NaNoWriMo. I set up my profile on their site and added some buddies. I even had a book I was hoping to finally finish. It's a story I've had in my mind since I sold my first book.
Fine.
A few days ago I found out a publisher I used to edit for needed new editors. I emailed the Editor-in-Chief and she gratefully rehired me.
Okay, I'm fine with that to.
Now it's November 1 and I haven't written one word on my new WIP. In fact, I've decided not to write anything on it. (Will I ever get that book started?) Instead I decided to use the support from my Buddies to finish the second book in the Winter Creek, Montana series. Then I'm hoping to finish the third book in another series I have with a different publishers. (The same one I edit for.) Yes, I know it's against the rules. I don't plan on writing 50,000 words this month. I won't need that many to finish these two books. But I do need the support.
Because I'm going to need it.
I'm doing all of this while moving into a new apartment and looking for a job.
Can't say my life is ever boring. But this kind of pressure I can handle.
I wouldn't have it any other way.
Hey, anyone else attempting Nano?

2 comments:

  1. I have done nananowrimo before and was horrible at it. I can't just tell myself I have to write. It has to come to me.I wish you luck!!! I saw if you complete just one of those then your doing great with all the life changes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Theresa - I tried Nano once but the pressure was too much! x

    ReplyDelete